I’ve never used the Writing Center before. How do I create an account?
I already have an account. How do I make an appointment?
- After you’ve logged into the scheduler, make sure that you are viewing the correct week and day/date. You can navigate to other days/weeks by using either the overhead calendars or the Next Week/Prev Week buttons.
- If you prefer a specific consultant, find the consultant’s name on the left-hand side and click a white box that corresponds with both the consultant and your desired appointment time.
- If you have no consultant preference, simply click a white box under your desired appointment time, complete the appointment form, and click “Save Appointment.”
- If you’ve successfully saved the appointment, you should see a “Success!” message. You will also receive a confirmation email with your appointment information and instructions for logging in to the appointment.
How do I access my appointment?
- Log in to WCOnline at least 5 minutes before your appointment is set to begin.
- Once you’ve logged in, you should see your appointment in yellow on the schedule. Click the appointment.
- Once your appointment information has opened up in a new window, click the red text that reads, "Start or Join Online Consultation."
I can’t log in to the Writing Center, it keeps sending me back to the portal.
Resetting your password in WCOnline will lock you out of the Writing Center, so please do not use WCOnline to reset your password. To break the portal loop, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to: https://mail.google.com/mail/logout?hl=en
- Open a new tab and navigate to: https://portal.csuglobal.edu
- On the left-hand side menu, click Writing Center
- Beneath the heading "Get assistance with your writing projects,” click the link "Writing consultation appointments"
- Click the link "Go to MyWCOnline"
- On the left hand side, immediately above the text to enter an Email Address, click the link "here"
How often can I make an appointment?
You can make 2 appointments within a 7-day period.
How long are appointments?
All appointments are 50 minutes long and start on the hour. Please note that if you log into the appointment late, your session will still end at the same time.
Plagiarism & APA
What is APA?
APA stands for the American Psychological Association, and it is the formatting and citation style typically used by students when writing research reports. Visit our Introduction to APA Page
to learn more!
My instructor marked me down on APA. Where can I get help with APA?
My instructor said my Turnitin score is too high.
How can I get my Turnitin score in Canvas?